Healthy Living Center of Excellence
In 2013, the Tufts Health Plan Foundation partnered with the John A. Hartford Foundation to grant $1.3 million over three years to the Healthy Living Center of Excellence, a collaboration between Elder Services of the Merrimack Valley and Hebrew SeniorLife to address elders’ management of their chronic conditions. The Center offers proven evidence-based programs that promote behavior change by providing older adults with practical, hands-on skills in a group setting which encourages peer support, discussion and problem solving. Read our November 2013 press release to learn more about the Foundation’s support.
The Healthy Living Center of Excellence provides workshops in all parts of Massachusetts through partnerships with six regional collaborators, including:
- Ethos in Boston
- BayPath Elder Services in MetroWest Mass.
- Elder Services of Worcester Area in Central Mass.
- LifePath (formerly Franklin County Home Care Corporation) in Western Mass.
- Elder Services of the Merrimack Valley in Northeastern Mass.
- Old Colony Elder Services in Southeastern Mass.
Many of these programs are offered in multiple languages, increasing opportunities for participation for diverse audiences. Learn more at: www.healthyliving4me.org